Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just one reason not to read your 10 year old's journal...


Okay, I know...it's an invasion of privacy, blah, blah, blah. I wasn't going to beat him with information, I just wanted to make sure he wasn't experimenting with meth, you know? 10 year olds are mysterious creatures, seriously. They start getting very quiet, and moody, and scarily, well -- quiet. But, no meth use...just a crush on an unrequited love and well, this:

I heard Lily today. I woke up trembling and crying hoping it was Lily.


It's that time of year, people. Lily's almost 7.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that me, the big badass of the century, just teared up reading this. Thank you for sharing. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so powerful. It hit me straight in the heart.

    ReplyDelete