Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Day for Dad...





























But it turned out to be so much more. Coco and I didn't have our kids (being that we are divorcees now and our kids were with their dads), so we trekked to our baby sister (who clearly isn't a baby anymore and her partner, Mark's home) for dinner and wine and darts and my overwhelming sarcasm.

But, as it goes with family, everything is accepted and overlooked (even while they're calling you out on it). These are 5 people in my life that I'm pretty sure love me as unconditionally as anyone has.

To honor my dad is important. He has given of himself when he didn't have much to give, he has taught me things I didn't think I wanted to know. Most of all, he has tried, always, his hardest. And I can't say that about some people.

I am so proud of my babiest sister for being a lovely host, for making her own wine (which was yummy) and for generally putting up with me.














2 comments:

  1. You are loved...unconditionally. Always. And I actually love your sarcasm...so there.

    p.s. Have I mentioned that I love that you are blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was NOT putting up with you.
    i loved having you here,
    and your sarcasm encourages mine
    which i like.
    it is also where the 'calling out' comes from. haha.

    unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete