Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay.

This is what he says when I say I don't want to be friends. I don't want to talk to him or hear his voice on the other end of the phone. I don't even want to read his words.

He says that he loved me more than he has ever loved any woman. Does real love end? I don't think so. Love is patient, it waits for things to change, love is kind -- it makes you make concessions you can't believe you're making, love does not boast, it is not envious, it is not jealous. Love forgives all. Have I ever had this love? This perfect love? Yes, I have sisters.

This is what I have to say.

If you have gold, don't fucking throw it away. It's worth something. It's worth a lot and you don't find it often. So if you throw it away, suck it up and realize you fucked up and don't be so selfish that you ignore the gold's wishes and pleadings. Because, frankly, the gold is worth more than that. And probably worth more than you.

1 comment:

  1. You are Amazing.
    And worth far more than gold.

    I'm lucky to call you sister. :)

    ReplyDelete