Monday, June 22, 2009

Moving on...


You know...there are so many times when we think what we're doing is right. We think the sacrifices we make are justified, that the glaring errors we see can be overlooked. It's easy to look into the eyes of someone you have genuinely fallen in love with and lose all ability to reason. I did that. I gave until there was no more to give, I loved until he didn't want my love anymore. No matter what I did, it was never good enough. Believe me, I know that feeling. I've felt that way my entire life. But I don't believe in being the victim (despite what he says), so I'll take responsibility for my part. I wasn't perfect, not even close. But I did love as perfectly as I could.


There are people in my life who will never be capable of thinking of anyone but themselves. That's okay. That isn't my responsiblity. It is my responsibility to be a compassionate, capable woman, a loving, nurturing mother, a supportive sister, a spoiling aunt and, as much as I can, a good daughter. I will do that.


I won't stop loving because loving is difficult and painful and leaves marks. One day, I will find the man my heart longs for...a partner in this life and the next.


Thank you, MT, for teaching me this. For telling me that I am beautiful, for adoring me for a small period of time.


1 comment:

  1. I will adore you forever and ever and ever.

    Love does leave marks...but it is always worth it.

    We'll make it, okay?

    Together.

    all my love.
    coco

    ReplyDelete